Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Keeping peace with the in laws

I am sure it happens in other families. But my mother-in-law and mother have a frequent, shall we say, disagreement on who my children take after. Allie is definitely her father's child. In looks and temperment. She has my blue eyes but that could also be a genetic gift from her paternal grandfather. But you look at Allie and just know she is her daddy's girl.





And when it comes to attitude and sense of humor? They are carbon copies!

.




When it comes to Boo, that is when the, shall we say, discussion gets heated between the two grandmothers. But an aunt recently sent me a photo that should dispel any further call to arms:
 

Me circa 1970-something






 
I think it is safe to say that my mom one this particular battle in the war of the in-laws!

4 comments:

  1. Your mom definitely did win! But I could already see that Boo looks just like Mom in the family photo! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. because we were the only two trying to actually take the photo?

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!